2. I peeled my label off before this step, jsyk. Now you’ll take the wick, put hot glue on the metal base, and then stick it down into the bottom of your jar. You’ll want this to be as centered as possible!
4. Be very careful it’ll be HOT. Take your wax out of the microwave and let it sit for a minute. After you feel like you can handle the bowl, pour it into your wicked container.
5. Now you’ll take your clothespin and clamp it onto your wick, making sure the wick is as taut and centered as possible!
6. And now we wait. As for your bowl, if it has extra wax in it you can wipe it out or wait for it to cool and scrape it out into the trash. Our wax is biodegradable!
7. It’s done!!! Let your candle sit at least 6 hours (but we suggest 24) before burning. Even though we didn’t fill this container completely we will still get about 45 hours of burn time out of this candle!
8. Trim your with with scissors to about 1/4” above the wax line. This doesn’t have to be precise. TADA! This is our candle, it's not completely full, like we said, but it'll still burn for 45 hours. Plus it's kinda cute in its salsa jar :)
- we suggest using a glass bowl with a handle, like a Pyrex measuring container or similar, to melt your wax in! We spilled a little when we used a bowl with no handle =(
- When you’re choosing a container to refill, please only use ceramic and glass. No plastic! You’ll want something with a wider mouth like- salsa jars, oui yogurt jars, or an old candle jar- a lot of them come in 8oz sizes standard!
- If you want a completely full container but don’t know how much wax your container would hold, use a measuring cup to fill your container with water and count how many cups fill it. 1 cup= 8oz which is our standard size
- When you get your candle finished and dried it might have a few bubbles and blemishes in the top. That’s just the air escaping, you did nothing wrong and it won’t affect the burning!
- Some wide mouth jars need a different wick size or multiple wicks to burn properly. If you are unsure about what your container would need, feel free to message us on our socials or send us and email at email@example.com and we can accommodate ya!